CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Kwerner Color Challenge #22





I'm loving a little bit of sparkle and glam. I've used these rhinestones in my last card as well. I think they add such detail. This was a very interesting challenge. I'm not a big fan of Bravo Burgundy, but I think it turned out quite nice. I would love to hear what ya'll think.

On another note, I want to honor those who lost their lives on 9-11-01. My husband and I went to NY the last week in August and were able to visit the memorial they have made to all of the individuals across the street from Ground Zero. It was such a heartbreaking experience to read testimonials of those who lost someone they love. On one of the walls I read a short clip and I can't remember the exact words, but it went something like this..."Name? was such a fun loving guy, last week was his birthday, he would have been...he was my husband...I love him and miss him so much." The tears started flowing after I read this dear wife's message honoring her husband whom she misses so much. I can't imagine the pain that these individuals went through in losing their lives and the family's agony of loss. I have a new appreciation for all people involved on what was such a horrific day. My heart goes out to you and I Will Never Forget 9-11!

This picture was taken at Madamme Tussaud's Wax Museum in New York.

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

Beautiful card -- I love the image and all the bling -- very pretty! :)

Sherri said...

Oh I love the way you used the colours and the brads are great!

Kadee said...

This turned out great!

Karen Kelly said...

Beautiful card--love the bling accents!

Alina Brito said...

I love the "blinged" rub on, I love this card

Cyndi said...

You are SO creative! And, yes, the house is on 2900 E. Being neighbors would be so much fun! I'm crossing my fingers for ya!!